THE PATRÓN TEQUILA HAPPINESS EXPERIMENT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- DESCRIPTION AND SPONSOR: The Patrón Tequila Happiness Experiment Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 4:00 p.m. Easter Standard Time (EST) on November 19, 2012, and ends at 12:00 p.m. EST on December 25, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Patrón Spirits Company, 6670 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89118 (“Sponsor” or “Patrón”), and administered by The Reindeer Company, Ltd. (“Reindeer”) (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., excluding California, who are at least 21 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (“Entrants”). The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Employees and officers of the Sweepstakes Entities, their parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Alcoholic beverage industry members and employees are also ineligible to participate. No more than one (1) entry per natural person/email address.
- DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) winner of the Sweepstakes prize (“Winner”) will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, in a random drawing on or around December 26, 2012 (“Drawing Date”). Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential Winner will be notified by email and will be required to respond (as directed) within seventy-two (72) hours and to return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release (“Release”) within a specified time. The Release will, among other things, release the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims, demands, and damages (including, without limitation, claims for personal injury or property damage) arising from the use and/or participation in any Sweepstakes prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to an entrant’s mailing address, email address and/or telephone number. The Winner may also be required to provide proof of age, social security number, current address and phone number. Except where prohibited by applicable law, regulation, rule or order, the Winner’s entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use such person’s name, photograph, likeness statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsor’s business operations and product/service offerings, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever. The prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Winner: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification within the time period described above; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. The alternate Winner will be required to respond (as directed) within seventy-two (72) hours and return a Release within a specified time. If a Winner, including alternates as described under “Drawing and Notification” cannot be certified by January 5, 2012, then the Sweepstakes prize will not be awarded.
- THE SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: There will be one (1) Patrón Tequila Happiness Experiment Treasure Trove Prize awarded to the Winner (“Treasure Trove”). The Treasure Trove consists of everything you will need to host a Cocktail Lab party in your home for up to twelve (12) of your friends (“Guests”). The Treasure Trove includes an American Express™ check card or the equivalent, in the amount of $750; a variety of specialty cocktail glasses (12 of each type of glass); glass storage containers for holding fresh ingredients; a variety of bar tools, including such items as, ice buckets, tongs, cocktail shakers, muddlers, lemon/lime presses, bar mats, ice trays, drink stirrers, and straws; Patrón aprons and Patrón Drink Maker books (12 of each); non-alcoholic bitters; and a Cocktail Lab instruction booklet for use in preparing and hosting the Cocktail Lab event.. The Treasure Trove is intended for use by Winner in Winner’s home; the prize does not include facility/venue rental or transportation of any kind. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Treasure Trove: $4,995. Sweepstakes prize does not include alcohol.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any
prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such
prize. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility
of the Winner, regardless of whether the prize is used in whole or in part. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen
Sweepstakes prize or any component thereof once delivered to the prize winners. Any and all activities related to use of any prize are undertaken at
the risk of Winner and his or her Guests. Eligibility, age, and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding
of a prize. Actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and ARV will
not be awarded.e subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of Prize.
No assignment, transfer, cash redemption, or substitution of the Treasure Trove is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize for something of comparable or greater value should any or all of the advertised prize become impracticable to award or unavailable for any reason.
- SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually (a) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors, without liability, at its sole discretion. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ASSUME ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to the Selected Entrants for failure to supply any prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor’s sole and reasonable control.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by Entrants in the entry process, or by the Sweepstakes Entities in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may disqualify or prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or suspects that such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs, or creating aliases to register more than once) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- LIABILITY RELEASE: As a condition of entering, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) as follows: (a) to release each of the Sweepstakes Entities, their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- CHOICE OF LAW: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws principles. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Clark County, Nevada.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- OFFICIAL RULES/PRIZE WINNERS’ LIST To obtain a copy of the winners’ list for the Sweepstakes (after December 28, 2012) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Patrón Tequila Happiness Experiment Sweepstakes, C/O The Reindeer Group Ltd., 435 West 17th Street, Suite 4SE, New York, NY 10011. All such requests must be received no later than January 20, 2012. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website.