The Patrón Summerology Cocktail Lab Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND SPONSOR: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Patrón Summerology Cocktail Lab Sweepstakes consists of two simultaneous sweepstakes: The Summerology Cocktail Lab Live Sweepstakes (“Live Sweepstakes”) and the Summerology Cocktail Lab Kit Sweepstakes (“Kit Sweepstakes”) (collectively, “Sweepstakes”). The Live Sweepstakes is open to registered members of the Patrón Social Club and legal residents of the Chicago metropolitan area who are at least 21 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (“Live Sweepstakes Entrants”). The Kit Sweepstakes is open to registered members of the Patrón Social Club and legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., excluding California, who are at least 21 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period and do not win a prize in the Live Sweepstakes (“Kit Sweepstakes Entrants”). The Sweepstakes begins at 6:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on Friday, July 13, 2012 and ends at 4:00 pm EDT on Friday, July 20, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Patrón Spirits Company, 6670 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89118 (“Sponsor” or “Patrón”), and administered by The Reindeer Group Ltd (“Reindeer”) (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”). Employees and officers of the Sweepstakes Entities, their parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Alcoholic beverage industry members and employees are also ineligible to participate.
3. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS; PRIZES.
A. SUMMEROLOGY COCKTAIL LAB LIVE PRIZE: All qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the random drawing for one of twenty (20) Summerology Cocktail Lab Live Prizes. The Summerology Cocktail Lab Live Prize consists of a pair of tickets to a private Cocktail Lab Live event hosted by Flavorpill, to be held on July 24, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois, for winner and guest, who both must be at least 21 years of age and a member of the Patrón Social Club. Twenty (20) winners will be selected at random to receive the Summerology Cocktail Lab Live Prize (“Selected Live Entrants”).
Sponsor is not responsible for transportation to and from the prize location. Winners must travel to the event at their own expense and must be able to attend the event, which will be held in Chicago, Illinois on July 24, 2012. Inability to travel to or attend the event will result in forfeiture of the entire prize. Approximate Retailer Value (“ARV”) of each Cocktail Lab Live Prize: $25. Total ARV of twenty (20) Cocktail Lab Live Prizes: $500.
B. SUMMEROLOGY COCKTAIL LAB KIT PRIZE: All qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the random drawing for one of fifty (50) Summerology Cocktail Lab Kit Prizes. The Cocktail Lab Kit Prize consists of an assortment of bar tools, such as a cocktail shaker, glassware, pour spouts, drink stirrers, etc., and a Patrón Tequila Drink Maker book. Fifty (50) winners will be selected at random to receive the Cocktail Lab Kit Prize (“Selected Kit Entrants”). ARV of each Cocktail Lab Kit Prize: $80. Total ARV of fifty (50) Cocktail Lab Kit Prizes: $4,000.
ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes: $4,500. Sweepstakes prizes do not contain alcohol. Selected Live Entrants and Selected Kit Entrants (collectively, “Selected Entrants”) will be notified by phone or email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the information provided in the entry forms, the same day or the day following the Drawing Date (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within twenty-four (24) hours of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrants may be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release to be signed by each Selected Entrant and guest (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant and guest agree to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) Selected Entrant’s and his or her guest’s name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrants and guests may also be required to provide name, proof of age, birth date, current address and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrants and guests will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification within the time period described above; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Limit one (1) prize per person and household.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each actual Sweepstakes prize recipient. Except where prohibited by applicable law, regulation, rule or order, the actual Selected Entrants’ entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use such person’s name, photograph, likeness statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsor’s business operations and product/service offerings, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever. All Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any prize. Eligibility, age, and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of a prize. Actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded.
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of any prize is permitted, provided however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrants’ and their guest(s)’ own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. Prizes will be awarded by email and/or U.S. mail and/or in person to the actual Sweepstakes prize recipient. Allow one to two weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Cocktail Lab Kit Prize to the address provided in the Sweepstakes entry of the actual Sweepstakes prize recipient. Sponsor is not liable for cancellation of the Flavorpill Cocktail Lab Live event.
6. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually (a) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors, without liability, at its sole discretion. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. RESTRICTIONS: The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to the Selected Entrants for failure to supply any prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor’s sole and reasonable control.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems; (b) technical failures of any kind; © failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by entrants in the entry process, or by the Sweepstakes Entities in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may disqualify or prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or suspects that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs, or creating aliases to register more than once) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. LIABILITY RELEASE: As a condition of entering, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) as follows: (a) to release each of the Sweepstakes Entities, their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; © all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
11. WINNERS’ LIST / OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the winners’ list for The Patrón Summerology Cocktail Lab Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Patrón Summerology Cocktail Lab Sweepstakes – Flavorpill, c/o The Reindeer Group Ltd., 435 West 17th Street, Suite 4SE, New York, NY 10011. All such requests must be received no later than August 10, 2012. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website. Questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
Copyright © 2012, The Patrón Spirits Company. All rights reserved.
THE PERFECT WAY TO ENJOY PATRÓN IS RESPONSIBLY.